Classic Everest Base Camp Trekking
"enjoy walks on forgotten trail and original route to Everest base camp from Jiri "
Trek at Glance:
- Mode of accommodation: Hotels in Kathmandu- local nice lodge on treks.
- Trekking Grade: Moderate to Adventurous walks.
- Area of Trekking: North Mid-East around Solu and Khumbu, Everest region.
- Highest elevation gain: Kala Pathar Hill top 5, 643 m and Everest Base Camp 5,364 m
- Daily Walks: Minimum 4 hrs to maximum of 6 hrs.
- Trekking duration: 16 Nights and 17 Days (with flight both ways)
- Total Trip: 20 Nights and 21 Days (arrival to final departure)
Best Seasons for Classic Everest Base Camp Trekking:
Nearly months of the year except the wet monsoon time from mid-June to mid-September, the best times is from March to May, where most of the days are fine and clear for views and walks, with longer sunlight hours but cold in the morning and night time above 2,800 m onward.
Late afternoon can get overcast with snow and rain on higher hills sometimes, next good times is from mid-September to December around autumn / fall and pre-winter seasons with crystal clear fine morning and day for excellent views of peaks and pleasant trek with bright starry nights .
Around autumn onward till spring seasons where days are much shorter with sun-light hours due to autumn and pre winter season, expect snow on trails sometimes on higher areas of Khumbu valley.
People and Culture:
Everest and whole of Solu and Khumbu region is mainly populated by Sherpa people famously known as Highlanders of Himalaya and Everest, interwoven with strong Buddhism religion and culture of Tibetan origin with interesting ancient custom which you can notice along the walks with religious monuments of stupa and series of prayer wheels and stone slate walls.
Besides incredible views of high mountains and landscapes,trekkers will have great opportunity to witness Sherpa fascinating cultures and traditional farm life and visiting impressive monasteries of great interest.
In Lower Solu areas,one can witness other hill tribes as well Rai, Magar,Tamang, with some Bhramins and Chettris of both Hindu and Buddhism religion of various interesting cultures.
Offering interested people with longer and scenic, cultural adventure on Classic Everest Base Camp Trekking, following the footsteps of legendary mountaineers Tenzing and Hillary, who walked on this original and classic route to the base of Mt. Everest.
Classic Everest Base Camp trekking trails which been forgotten and least visited after Lukla airport was constructed by late Hillary in mid-1970’s, since then trekkers flying straight to Lukla which is much shorter than walk from Jiri.
The longer treks to Everest base camp from Jiri is an opportunity for trekkers to enjoy and soak into more culture and customs around both sides of Everest region where walk takes you around Solu then on to high Khumbu areas.
One can observe best of Everest region from amazing culture and traditional farm villages life in the harmony of breathtaking scenery of snow mountains, valleys and rolling green hills covered with tall rhododendron and pine forest.
Nepal is truly an amazing country where adventure leads you on tranquil trail on off the beaten path where very few numbers of trekkers seldom use this old and original route which makes Classic Everest Base Camp trekking very special than other walks around Everest region.
Beginning of our wonderful adventure with exciting drive to reach Jiri town, famously known as Switzerland of Nepal, which you can witness the similarity of verdant valley enclosed by tiers of green rolling hills with alpine woodland in the shade of high snow peaks.From Jiri, journey heads towards further east within lovely villages interwoven with fascinating cultures of Buddhism as adventure takes within Sherpa country around Solu after crossing few scenic passes of Lamjura and Takshindo to reach Junbesi and Nunthala large settlements.
Soon walk heads downhill and then climb higher up on leaving Solu region, where main trails from Jiri and Lukla joins, then on gradual walk past many nice villages then enter Sagarmatha National Park, to reach at famed Namche Bazaar.
After being in quiet and tranquil trail from Namche onward on main scenic trails to Everest Base Camp with pleasant rest days at Namche with stunning panorama of high peaks of Everest and range of mountains that follows the trail all the way.
As walk takes you to beautiful Tengboche and its attractive monastery situated within green forest encircled by array of snow peaks with views of Mt. Everest and magnificent Amadablam, with time to visit the monastery of great interest enriched with religious arts and relics.
Enjoying marvelous views and tour of monastery, adventure continues on leaving the lush green vegetation for arid and barren arctic and mountainous terrain as walk heads towards our main final destination at Everest base camp.
At base camp enjoy fascinating and exciting thrill on reaching our major goal and highlights within giant mountains on the foot of towering Mt. Everest, Lhotse and Nuptse and close to massive Khumbu Ice Fall and glaciers.
After reaching at the world's number one base, adventure takes you on the highest top at Kala Pathar a rocky hill where you can marvel breathtaking views of towering peaks with Mt. Everest at near distance.
Completing our major highlights on reaching Everest base camp and climb on top Kala Patthar enjoying glorious views of world highest peaks;walk heads to long descend to reach at Lukla for final overnight halt in and around high Khumbu within Everest area.
Ending our marvelous trip taking a swift and smooth panoramic flight to land at hustle and bustle city life in Kathmandu, after a great memorable adventure and amazing experience on Classic Everest Base Camp Trekking.
Short Outline Itinerary:
Day 01: Main arrival in Kathmandu 1,320 m via various airlines.
Day 02: In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
Day 03: Drive to Jiri 1,900 m - 06 hrs.
Day 04: Drive to Bhandar (Chyangma) 2,195 m-02 hrs and trek to Sete 2, 575 m-06 hrs.
Day 05: Trek to Junbesi 2,675 m via Lamjura-la 3,530 m -06 hrs.
Day 06: Trek to Nunthala (Manidingma) 2,190 m -06 hrs.
Day 07: Trek to Bupsa Danda 2,250 m -06 hrs.
Day 08: Trek to Surkhe 2,350 m - 06 hrs.
Day 09: From Surkhe 2,360 m trek to Phakding 2,652 m - 05 hrs.
Day 10: Trek to Namche Bazaar 3, 440 m - 06 hrs.
Day 11: Rest Day at Namche Bazaar.
Day 12: Trek to Tengboche 3,867 m - 05 hrs.
Day 13: Trek to Dingboche 4,358 m -05 hrs.
Day 14: Trek to Lobuche 4, 928 m - 05 hrs.
Day 15: Trek to Gorakshep 5,180 m and to Everest Base Camp 5, 364 m
Day 16: Hike to Kalapatthar 5, 643 m / 18,514 ft trek to Pangboche 3,900 m-06 hrs.
Day 17: Trek to Namche Bazaar - 06 hrs.
Day 18: Trek to Lukla -06 hrs walks.
Day 19: Fly to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Day 20: Spare and contingency day in Kathmandu.
Day 21: International departure to respective countries homeward bound.
Trip Extension in Kathmandu:
While in Kathmandu,with more time can extend for other adventure sports activities rafting, mountain biking, Para-gliding or just relax and enjoy with individual activities or with sightseeing tour around world heritage sites.
Important Information flying out of Lukla to Kathmandu:
At present most flight to and from Lukla operates from Manthali,a small town with an airstrip located in the district of Ramechhap. Kathmandu domestic airport to Lukla has been changed by Nepal Government Civil Aviation Authority.
The changes started since April and October 2019 onward, flights resumes from Manthali town airport which is the main headquarter of Ramechhap district Province No: 03 of Nepal.The drive to Kathmandu from Manthali airstrip takes approx.: 5 hrs. which is about 154 k.m. approx. 500 miles distance from Manthali to reach Kathmandu.The drive takes you on B.P. Highway (a newly built tarmac road).
There has been little bit confusion regarding height of Kala Pathar Hill top. Previously, the elevation was somewhere in between 5,545 m and 5,550 m. But, according to the research conducted by Dr. Luis A, Ruedas who is the assistant professor in reputed Portland State University in 6th December 2006, the elevation of Kala Pathar was found to be 5, 643 m which equals to 18,514 ft.
This fact was deducted after taking an average from 48 different readings. Also, to confirm this fact, another similar research was conducted again in 2008 and at this time, the height of Kalapatthar was found to be 5,644.5 m. Kala Pathar rocky hill is distinct from other surrounding peaks as it is marked with Buddhist prayer flags.
Main Highlight of the treks:
- Following on the footsteps of Tenzing and Hillary to Everest base camp from Jiri;
- A classic trek and adventure on original and almost trail from Jiri to high scenic Khumbu;
- Amazing walks visiting both sides of Everest around Sherpa country of Solu and Khumbu district;
- Enjoy treks on least visited areas of Solu within charming traditional villages of great culture;
- Crossing scenic Lamjura and Takshindo-la passes to reach high and magnificent Khumbu region;
- At Everest base camp beneath towering giant peaks with awesome views from Kala Pathar Hill
- No. of Days :
- 21 D
- No. of Nights :
- 20 N
- Min Age :
- 16 Yrs
- Max Age :
- 100 Yrs
- Min Weight :
- 20 Kg
- Max Weight :
- 100 Kg
- Min Pax Per Booking :
- 2 Pax
- Max Pax Per Booking :
- 16 Pax
- Available Group Capacity :
- 100 Pax
- Trip Standard :
- 0 Star
- Grade :
- Best Seasons :
- Through out the year
- Trip Start Elevation :
- 0 m
- Lowest Elevation :
- 0 m
- Highest Elevation :
- 0 m
- Trip Start Point :
- Trip End Point :
Payment is supposed to be made two days before the trip date. Last moment booking is available with full cash payment only if we have enough space available.
Refunds are not made for unused services or last minute (less than 24 hours) cancellations. Cancellation one day before the activity date will incur a 50% cancellation charge, whereas cancellation two days or more before the activity date will incur a 15% cancellation charge.
- check_circle_outline Accommodation in tourist standard or 2-3 star class hotels on bed and breakfast basis as well in twin sharing basis rooms. (For single supplement at extra cost)
- check_circle_outline Tour and sightseeing around Kathmandu as per the itinerary chosen with city guides includes all entrance fees at places of interest.
- check_circle_outline All arrival and departure from the airport to hotel and back on private cars, coach or buses as per the group size.
- check_circle_outline From Kathmandu private or local bus, as per group size via Jiri. Domestic air flights Lukla – Kathmandu as per the itinerary chosen.
- check_circle_outline In some high altitude treks we provide sleeping bags and down jackets also with comprehensive medical kits carried by our guides and staff.
- check_circle_outline All tour and treks accompanied by guides-staff and porters (either human or pack animals like yaks or mules), all wages, meals, accommodation, transportation facilities with Insurance against medical and accidents.
- check_circle_outline Applicable Trekking Information Management Systems permits (TIMS) with National Park Entry permits also includes National Park Fees or Conservation entry permits.
- check_circle_outline Full board on trekking with breakfast-lunch-afternoon refreshment with dinner includes twin sharing rooms in lodge on route treks.
- highlight_off Single Supplement on hotel rooms as well on trek in lodge where clients should inform ahead on booking with extra charge on booking single private rooms where available.
- highlight_off Personal Trekking gear and equipment’s including down jackets-sleeping bags if not provided by the company as per the trip cost.
- highlight_off Expenses of individual nature drinks, laundry, telephone bills, gratitude and meals in city areas Kathmandu and Pokhara as per the itinerary chosen.
- highlight_off International air-fare, Personal medical / travel insurance and Nepal visa fees.