Everest Base Camp Trekking
‘adventure, scenic and cultural walks at the base of world highest peaks’
Trek at Glance
- Mode of accommodation: Hotels in Kathmandu- local nice lodge on treks
- Trekking Grade: Moderate to Adventurous walks.
- Area of Trekking: North Mid-East around Khumbu, Everest region.
- Highest elevation gain: Kala Pathar Hill top 5, 643 m and Everest Base Camp 5,364 m
- Daly Walks: Minimum 4 hrs to maximum of 6 hrs.
- Trekking duration: 11 Nights and 12 Days (with flight both ways)
- Total Trip: 15 Nights and 16 Days (arrival to final departure)
Best Seasons for Everest Base Camp Trekking
Months of the year except the wet monsoon time from mid-June to mid-September, the best times is from March to May, where most of the days are fine and clear for views and walks, with longer sunlight hours but cold in the morning and night time above 2,800 m onward.
Late afternoon can get overcast with snow and rain on higher hills sometimes, next good times from mid-September to December around autumn / fall and pre-winter seasons with crystal clear fine morning and day for excellent views of peaks and pleasant trek with bright starry nights .
Around autumn onward till spring seasons where days are much shorter with sun-light hours due to autumn and pre-winter seasons, expect snow on trails sometimes on higher areas of Khumbu valley.
People and Culture
Everest and whole of Khumbu region is populated by Sherpa people famously known as Highlanders of Himalaya and Everest, interwoven with strong Buddhism religion and culture of Tibetan origin with interesting ancient custom which you can notice along the walks with religious monuments of stupa and series of prayer wheels and stone slate walls.
Besides incredible views of high mountains and landscapes,trekkers will have great opportunity to witness Sherpa fascinating cultures and traditional farm life and visiting impressive monasteries of great interest.
Everest Base Camp Trekking is one of the highly trekked and popular region for various adventure around high and scenic Khumbu valley within Everest region.Nepal is truly an amazing country in the land of world tallest peaks.
Everest Base Camp Trekking is the best adventure destination takes you right on the foot of towering Mt. Everest within arctic zone covered with moraine, ice and glaciers enclosed by high giant peaks that makes the trek so special.
Beside exceptional views and panorama of high giant mountains the local culture of Sherpa is equally fascinating and captivating bounded with strong Buddhism religion which you can observe on walks into villages lined with prayer symbols and Mani Walls with spinning bells.
See the lovely villages on route trek with overnight stops in nice lodges and enjoy the warm hospitality of native Sherpa, known as Highlanders of Himalaya and the pioneers as Mountaineering guides besides farm and cattle herding the main occupation.
On this marvelous walks, one can explore one village to another and visit its impressive monasteries along with magnificent views of peaks that remains constant throughout the trek from the start to an end.Everest Base Camp Trekking starts with exciting short flight in a smaller aircraft to land at mountainous region of Everest in Lukla, a gateway town to Everest trek and various adventure where walk takes you through nice traditional Sherpa villages.
Trekking through nice forested area and following glacial river then enter Sagarmatha National Park, listed as World Heritage Sites and one of the highest park on this planet enriched with exotic flora and fauna.
Soon walk takes you higher reaching at famous Namche Bazaar, with time here to observe immense culture in the capital of Sherpa people, the main domain tribes of Khumbu and other eastern Himalaya.
After rest and short scenic hike with acclimatization time at Namche Bazaar, then heading toward much higher with pleasant stop in beautiful Tengboche and the monastery surrounded by array of peaks with views of Everest and majestic Amadablam.
From Tengboche leaving the tree lines and green vegetation where route leads to complete wilderness of towering mountainous landscapes to reach our main goal and highlight at Everest Base Camp after spending lovely moment at Dingboche and Lobuche.
Enjoy the moment of a lifetime experience overlooking views of adjoining Nuptse, Lhotse and Pumori peaks with massive Khumbu ice-fall and glaciers, where next adventure takes you on top Kala Patthar Hill,the highest spot of the journey at 5, 643 m / 18,514 ft.
Kala Patthar offers mind-blowing spectacular panorama of giant towering mountain range with Pumori and Everest at close distance, enjoying glorious views where return journey takes you down back at green tree lines and past Tengboche and Namche Bazaar to reach at Lukla.
With last final overnight in Lukla town and its unique airport, where early morning super flight takes you to Kathmandu, after an amazing time and adventure with wonderful memories on Everest Base Camp Trekking.
Short Outline Itinerary
Day 01: Main arrival in Kathmandu 1,320 m via various airlines.
Day 02: In Kathmandu,with sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
Day 03: Fly to Lukla 2,820 m, trek to Phakding 2,652 m - 04 hrs.
Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar 3, 440 m - 06 hrs.
Day 05: Rest Day at Namche Bazaar.
Day 06: Trek to Tengboche 3,867 m - 05 hrs.
Day 07: Trek to Dingboche 4,358 m -05 hrs.
Day 08: Rest Day at Dingboche.
Day 09: Trek to Lobuche 4, 928 m - 05 hrs.
Day 10: Trek to Gorakshep 5,180 m and to Everest Base Camp 5, 364 m
Day 11: Hike to Kala Patthar 5, 643 m / 18,514 ft trek to Panboche 3,900 m-06 hrs.
Day 12: Trek to Namche Bazaar - 06 hrs.
Day 13: Trek to Lukla -06 hrs walks.
Day 14: Fly to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Day 15: Spare and contingency day in Kathmandu.
Day 16: International departure to respective countries homeward bound.
Trip Extension in Kathmandu
While in Kathmandu with more time can extend for other adventure sports activities rafting, mountain biking, Paragliding or just relax and enjoy with individual activities or with sightseeing tour around world heritage sites.
Important Information flying to Lukla and back to Kathmandu:
At present,most flight to Lukla and back operates from Manthali,a small town with an airstrip located in the district of Ramechhap. The domestic airport been changed by Nepal Government Civil Aviation Authority.
The changes started since April and October 2019 onward, flights to Lukla resumes from Manthali town airport which is the main headquarter of Ramechhap district Province No-3 of Nepal.
Drive from Kathmandu to reach at Manthali airstrip takes approx.5 hrs by bus or car which is about 154 km. approx. ,500 miles distance from the capital Kathmandu where drive takes you through B.P. Highway (a newly built tarmac road).
There has been little bit confusion regarding height of Kala Pathar Hill top. Previously, the elevation was somewhere in between 5,545 m and 5,550 m. But, according to the research conducted by Dr. Luis A, Ruedas who is the assistant professor in reputed Portland State University in 6th December 2006, the elevation of Kala Pathar was found to be 5, 643 m which equals to 18,514 ft.
This fact was deducted after taking an average from 48 different readings. Also, to confirm this fact, another similar research was conducted again in 2008 and at this time, the height of Kala Patthar was found to be 5,644.5 m. Kala Pathar,the rocky hill is distinct from other surrounding peaks as it is marked with Buddhist prayer flags.
Main Highlights of the Treks
- On the foot of world highest peaks within massive Khumbu Ice-fall and glaciers
- Amazing scenery of unique landscapes from the beginning to an end of the trek
- Explore captivating cultural villages and monasteries interwoven with Buddhism
- From green lovely forest of pines, rhododendron to arctic zone of ice and glaciers
- Enjoy exciting close views of Mt. Everest from highest spot Kala Patthar Hill top
- No. of Days :
- 16 D
- No. of Nights :
- 15 N
- Min Age :
- 16 Yrs
- Max Age :
- 70 Yrs
- Min Weight :
- 20 Kg
- Max Weight :
- 100 Kg
- Min Pax Per Booking :
- 2 Pax
- Max Pax Per Booking :
- 16 Pax
- Available Group Capacity :
- 100 Pax
- Trip Standard :
- 3 Star
- Grade :
- Best Seasons :
- Trip Start Elevation :
- 0 m
- Lowest Elevation :
- 0 m
- Highest Elevation :
- 0 m
- Trip Start Point :
- Trip End Point :
- check_circle_outline All tour and treks accompanied by guides-staff and porters (either human or pack animals like yaks or mules), all wages, meals, accommodation, transportation facilities with Insurance against medical and accidents.
- check_circle_outline In some high altitude treks we provide sleeping bags and down jackets also with comprehensive medical kits carried by our guides and staff.
- check_circle_outline Applicable Trekking Information Management Systems permits (TIMS) with National Park Entry permits also includes National Park Fees or Conservation entry permits.
- check_circle_outline Full board on trekking with breakfast-lunch-afternoon refreshment with dinner includes twin sharing rooms in lodge on route treks.
- check_circle_outline Domestic air flights Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu as per the itinerary chosen. For Jiri Classic Everest overland drive to reach at the start of treks private or in local bus, as per group size with flight out of Lukla to Kathmandu.
- check_circle_outline All arrival and departure from the airport to hotel and back on private cars, coach or buses as per the group size.
- check_circle_outline Tour and sightseeing around Kathmandu as per the itinerary chosen with city guides includes all entrance fees at places of interest.
- check_circle_outline Accommodation in tourist standard or 2-3 star class hotels on bed and breakfast basis as well in twin sharing basis rooms. (For single supplement at extra cost)
- highlight_off Emergency evacuation by any means of transportations including immediate Helicopter services if required on accidents, sickness and personal problems.
- highlight_off Early return from the tour or treks will not be entertainment with refund, where client should borne all the expenses incurred including accompany guide-porters services.
- highlight_off Single Supplement on hotel rooms as well on trek in lodge where clients should inform ahead on booking with extra charge on booking single private rooms where available.
- highlight_off Personal Trekking gear and equipment’s including down jackets-sleeping bags if not provided by the company as per the trip cost.
- highlight_off Expenses of individual nature drinks, laundry, telephone bills, gratitude and meals in city areas Kathmandu and Pokhara as per the itinerary chosen.
- highlight_off International air-fare, Personal medical / travel insurance and Nepal visa fees.