Everest Three High Passes Trek
‘adventure from one scenic areas to another crossing Kongma-Chola and Renjo-la passes’
Best Seasons for Everest Base Camp Trekking:
Nearly every months of the year except the wet monsoon time from mid-June to mid-September, the best times is from March to May, where most of the days are fine and clear for views and walks, with longer sunlight hours but cold in the morning and night time above 2,800 m onward.
Late afternoon can get overcast with snow and rain on higher hills sometimes, next good times is from mid-September to December around autumn / fall and pre-winter seasons with crystal clear fine morning and day for excellent views of peaks and pleasant trek with bright starry nights .Around autumn onward till spring seasons where days are much shorter with sun-light hours due to autumn and pre-winter season, expect snow on trails sometimes on higher areas of Khumbu valley.
People and Culture
Everest and whole of Khumbu region is populated by Sherpa people famously known as Highlanders of Himalaya and Everest, interwoven with strong Buddhism religion and culture of Tibetan origin with interesting ancient custom which you can notice along the walks with religious monuments of Stupa and series of prayer wheels and stone slate walls.
Besides incredible views of high mountains and landscapes, trekkers will have great opportunity to witness Sherpa fascinating cultures and traditional farm life and visiting impressive monasteries of great interest.
Everest Three High Passes trekking is an adventure that takes you above 5,000 meters, a tough steep climb and descend but worth the views of glorious scenery of beautiful mountains range and dramatic landscapes.
Everest Three High Passes,where beginners with strong physical fitness, determination and sound health can join on this adventurous and demanding walks that makes you a true mountaineers at the end of the journey.
This trek is also for experienced trekkers who has been in high Himalaya region in the past will enjoy the great feet taking this high altitude challenging walks,is truly an adventure of thrill and excitement along with exciting local culture of the Sherpa people.An exclusive adventure,where trek takes you to hidden corners of high Khumbu and Everest region on less ventured areas by few trekkers and adventurer, this will be an exploration in the hidden pockets of Himalaya range.
Adventure in the harmony of local immense custom and fascinating cultures interwoven with strong Buddhism faith and religion which you can notice along the walk visiting around nice Sherpa farm villages.
Everest Three High Passes takes you over Kongma-la, Cho-la and Renjo-la facing magnificent views of world highest peaks with range of mountains where walk includes visit of famous Everest Base Camp and climb to the highest point of the adventure on top Kala Pathar.
Starts with exciting short panoramic flight to land at Lukla, a busy Sherpa town with a small airstrip where smaller aircraft can land.From here,heading into nice green forest and within Sagarmatha National Park, which is designated in UNESCO world heritage sites.
On entering world highest park enriched with flora and fauna with tallest mountain on this planet, walk takes you on high and colorful, famous Namche Bazaar,the hub of Khumbu Sherpa. With time you can enjoy pleasant rest and acclimatization days.
After Namche,walk on scenic path where views of snow peaks remains constant most of the way to reach another beautiful spot at Tengboche, located in the midst of lovely rhododendron and pine forest surrounded by array of peaks with majestic views of Everest and Amadablam.At Tengboche visit ,the interesting monastery, a place where once a year great Mani Rimdu,a colorful religious festivals is held.From here ,our adventure starts heading into beautiful Imja tse valley enclosed within high peaks of Lhotse, Nuptse and Amadablam with views of popular Island Peak.
From here with time to get acclimatized our adventure takes you over first pass Kongma-la to reach at famous Everest base camp and climb to the highest spot Kalapathar for breathtaking panorama of high snow-capped peaks with Everest at mere distance.
After crossing the first pass,head towards our second high adventure to traverse over Cho-la to reach around scenic and magnificent Gokyo valley and its glacial serene lakes facing marvelous views of Mt. Cho-Oyu and other mountain range.Enjoying time at Gokyo where journey heads towards our last and final adventure to cross the Renjo-la climb taking you to steep haul on reaching on top facing tremendous views of world four highest peaks Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Cho-Oyu and Makalu.
On reaching the last pass over Renjo-la where walk leads to long descend to reach at western side of Khumbu at Thame village,which also falls on route to Tibet border and towards Rolwaling valley.
Feeling in high spirits on completing all three high passes from Thame,walk takes you on pleasant path and back into green trees lines towards Namche and up to Lukla for last final overnight around Khumbu and Everest.The early morning flight brings you to Kathmandu after a great memorable time and adventure on Everest Three High Passes.
Short Outline Itinerary:
Day 01: Main arrival in Kathmandu 1,320 m via various airlines.
Day 02: In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
Day 03: Fly to Lukla 2,820 m, trek to Phakding 2,652 m - 04 hrs.
Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar 3, 440 m - 06 hrs.
Day 05: Rest Day at Namche Bazaar.
Day 06: Trek to Tengboche 3,867 m - 05 hrs.
Day 07: Trek to Dingboche 4,358 m -05 hrs.
Day 08: Rest Day at Dingboche for local hike and acclimatization.
Day 09: Trek to Chukung 4,780 m - 04 hrs.
Day 10: Trek to Lobuche 4,928 m via Kongma La pass 5,535 m -08 hrs.
Day 11: Trek to Gorakshep 5,180 m and to Everest Base Camp 5,364 m - 06 hrs.
Day 12: Early morning hike to Kala Pathar 5,643 m trek to Dzongla 4,830 m - 05 hrs.
Day 13: Trek to Thangnag / Dragnak 4,750 m via Cho La Pass 5,367 m - 08 hrs.
Day 14: Trek to Gokyo main Lake 4,800 m - 04 hrs.
Day 15: Climb Goyko RI 5,457 m afternoon at leisure and rest.
Day 16: Trek to Lungden 4,300 m via Renjo La 5,340 m - 07 hrs.
Day 17: Trek to Thame 3,800 m -05 hrs.
Day 18: Trek to Namche Bazaar - 05 hrs.
Day 19: Trek to Lukla -06 hrs walks.
Day 20: Fly to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Day 21: Spare and contingency day in Kathmandu.
Day 22: International departure to respective countries homeward bound.
Trip Extension in Kathmandu:
While in Kathmandu with more time can extend for other adventure sports activities rafting, mountain biking, Para-gliding or just relax and enjoy with individual activities or with sightseeing tour around world heritage sites.
Important Information flying to Lukla and back to Kathmandu:
At present,most flight to Lukla and back operates from Manthali,a small town with an airstrip located in the district of Ramechhap. Kathmandu domestic airport to Lukla has been changed by Nepal Government Civil Aviation Authority.
The changes started since April and October 2019 onward, flights to Lukla resumes from Manthali town airport which is the main headquarter of Ramechhap district Province No: 03 of Nepal.
The drive from Kathmandu to reach at Manthali airstrip takes approx.: 5 hrs. Which is about 154 k.m. approx. 500 miles distance from the capital Kathmandu.The drive takes you on B.P. Highway (a newly built tarmac road).
There has been little bit confusion regarding height of Kala Pathar Hill top. Previously, the elevation was somewhere in between 5,545 m and 5,550 m. But, according to the research conducted by Dr. Luis A, Ruedas who is the assistant professor in reputed Portland State University in 6th December 2006, the elevation of Kala Pathar was found to be 5, 643 m which equals to 18,514 ft.
This fact was deducted after taking an average from 48 different readings. Also, to confirm this fact, another similar research was conducted again in 2008 and at this time, the height of Kalapatthar was found to be 5,644.5 m. Kala Pathar rocky hill is distinct from other surrounding peaks as it is marked with Buddhist prayer flags.
Main Highlight of the treks:
- Enjoy the adventure traversing high passes of Khumbu facing excellent mountain panorama:
- Cross high 5,000 m scenic passes over Kongma-la, Cho-la and Renjo-la with ever present Everest:
- Explore from mainstream trail to hidden corners on least ventured areas of Everest high region;
- Fascinating panorama and views of high mountain range on crossing from one place to another;
- From green forest to barren, windswept dramatic landscapes of ice and glacier, arctic zone
Trek at Glance
Mode of accommodation: Hotels in Kathmandu- local nice lodge on treks.
Trekking Grade: Moderate to Adventurous and Challenging on snow conditions.
Area of Trekking: North Mid-East around Khumbu, Everest region.
Highest elevation gain: Kala Pathar Hill top 5, 643 m and Everest Base Camp 5,364 m with Kongma-la 5,535 m, Chola 5,467 m and Renjo-la.
Daily Walks: Minimum 4 hrs to maximum 8 hrs.
Trekking duration: 17 Nights and 18 Days (with flight both ways)
Total Trip: 21 Nights and 22 Days (arrival to final departure)
- No. of Days :
- 22 D
- No. of Nights :
- 21 N
- Min Age :
- 18 Yrs
- Max Age :
- 70 Yrs
- Min Weight :
- 20 Kg
- Max Weight :
- 100 Kg
- Min Pax Per Booking :
- 2 Pax
- Max Pax Per Booking :
- 16 Pax
- Available Group Capacity :
- 100 Pax
- Trip Standard :
- 3 Star
- Grade :
- Best Seasons :
- Through out the Year
- Trip Start Elevation :
- 0 m
- Lowest Elevation :
- 0 m
- Highest Elevation :
- 0 m
- Trip Start Point :
- Trip End Point :
- check_circle_outline Applicable Trekking Information Management Systems permits (TIMS) with National Park Entry permits also includes National Park Fees or Conservation entry permits.
- check_circle_outline Full board on trekking with breakfast-lunch-afternoon refreshment with dinner includes twin sharing rooms in lodge on route treks.
- check_circle_outline All tour and treks accompanied by guides-staff and porters (either human or pack animals like yaks or mules), all wages, meals, accommodation, transportation facilities with Insurance against medical and accidents.
- check_circle_outline In some high altitude treks we provide sleeping bags and down jackets also with comprehensive medical kits carried by our guides and staff.
- check_circle_outline Domestic air flights Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu as per the itinerary chosen. For Jiri Classic Everest overland drive to reach at the start of treks private or in local bus, as per group size with flight out of Lukla to Kathmandu.
- check_circle_outline Tour and sightseeing around Kathmandu as per the itinerary chosen with city guides includes all entrance fees at places of interest.
- check_circle_outline All arrival and departure from the airport to hotel and back on private cars, coach or buses as per the group size.
- check_circle_outline Accommodation in tourist standard or 2-3 star class hotels on bed and breakfast basis as well in twin sharing basis rooms. (For single supplement at extra cost)
- highlight_off Emergency evacuation by any means of transportations including immediate Helicopter services if required on accidents, sickness and personal problems.
- highlight_off Single Supplement on hotel rooms as well on trek in lodge where clients should inform ahead on booking with extra charge on booking single private rooms where available.
- highlight_off Expenses of individual nature drinks, laundry, telephone bills, gratitude and meals in city areas Kathmandu and Pokhara as per the itinerary chosen.
- highlight_off Personal Trekking gear and equipment’s including down jackets-sleeping bags if not provided by the company as per the trip cost.
- highlight_off Early return from the tour or treks will not be entertainment with refund, where client should borne all the expenses incurred including accompany guide-porters services.
- highlight_off International air-fare, Personal medical / travel insurance and Nepal visa fees.