Tengboche Monastery - Everest Panorama Trekking
‘Scenic and cultural short adventure with exciting views of Everest and range of peaks’
Trek at Glance
Mode of accommodation: Hotels in Kathmandu- local nice lodge on treks.
Trekking Grade: Moderate with Ups and Down Hill walks.
Area of Trekking: North Mid-East around Khumbu, Everest region.
Highest elevation gain: At Tengboche Monastery 3, 867 m
Daly Walks: Minimum 4 hrs to maximum of 6 hrs.
Trekking duration: 06 Nights and 07 Days (with flight both ways)
Total Trip: 10 Nights and 11 Days (arrival to final departure)
Best Seasons for Tengboche Monastery and Everest Panorama Trekking
In the months of the year except the wet monsoon time from mid-June to mid-September, the best times is from March to May.During these season, most of the days are fine and clear for views and walks, with longer sunlight hours but cold in the morning and night time above 2,800 m onward.
Late afternoon can get overcast with snow and rain on higher hills sometimes, next good times is from mid-September to December around autumn / fall and pre-winter seasons with crystal clear fine morning and day for excellent views of peaks and pleasant trek with bright starry nights .
Around autumn onward till spring seasons where days are much shorter with sun-light hours due to autumn and pre-winter season, expect snow on trails sometimes on higher areas of Khumbu valley.
People and Culture
Everest and whole of Khumbu region populated by Sherpa people famously known as Highlanders of Himalaya and Everest, interwoven with strong Buddhism religion and culture of Tibetan origin with interesting ancient custom which you can notice along the walks with religious monuments of Stupa and series of prayer wheels and stone slate walls.
Besides incredible views of high mountains and landscapes, where trekkers will have great opportunity to witness Sherpa fascinating cultures and traditional farm life and visiting impressive monasteries of great interest.
Tengboche Monastery and Everest Panorama Trekking, a short adventure of a week duration allows you to witness unique culture of native Sherpa in the harmony of magnificent scenery of beautiful mountains with Everest.
Tengboche Monastery and Everest Panorama Trekking, certainly is an enjoyable trip to world highest region of Everest where all age-group and interested travelers can fit in this wonderful walk to scenic and wonderful Tengboche with its impressive monastery of great interest.
Everest Region is located on high beautiful, scenic Khumbu valley and mountain range and within highest Sagarmatha National Park, designated as World Heritage Sites enriched with exotic flora and fauna, where trekkers can spot some endangered wild-life on walks.
This amazing short and wonderful adventure begins with stunning super smooth flight to land at Lukla, a busy Sherpa town with an unique airstrip named Tenzing and Hillary airport, tribute to legendary mountaineers who stepped on top of Mt. Everest in May 29th 1953.
From Lukla,an enjoyable walk to start heading through nice farm villages following Dudh Kosi River with climb to famous Namche Bazaar, a renowned and major large village of Khumbu district, where once a week busy and colorful Saturday market held, hence the name tagged as Namche Bazaar.
After Namche,spending pleasant moment with scenic excursion then reach our main destination on the highest spot of the adventure at Tengboche Monastery, surrounded by array of snow-peaks situated in the midst of lovely woodland.
Enjoy grand wonderful time at Tengboche Monastery overlooking super panorama of high snow-clad peaks with Mt. Everest and chain of mountains includes majestic and most beautiful Amadabalam.
Tour takes you to visit its impressive monastery of great cultural and religious interest intact with old Buddhism heritage along with fascinating views of peaks, from Tengboche enjoying great experience head back to Lukla for final overnight around Khumbu and Everest region.
Next morning,board in a plane in Lukla for panoramic short flight to reach back at Kathmandu after an exciting and mesmerizing adventure on Tengboche Monastery and Everest Panorama Trekking.
Short Outline Itinerary:
Day 01: Main arrival in Kathmandu 1,320 m via various airlines.
Day 02: In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
Day 03: Fly to Lukla 2,820 m, trek to Phakding 2,652 m - 04 hrs.
Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar 3, 440 m - 06 hrs.
Day 05: Rest Day at Namche Bazaar.
Day 06: Trek to Tengboche Monastery 3,867 m - 05 hrs.
Day 07: Trek to Namche Bazaar - 05 hrs.
Day 08: Trek to Lukla -06 hrs.
Day 09: Fly to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Day 10: Spare and contingency day in Kathmandu.
Day 11: International departure to respective countries homeward bound.
Trip Extension in Kathmandu
While in Kathmandu with more time can extend for other adventure sports activities rafting, mountain biking, paragliding or just relax and enjoy with individual activities or with sightseeing tour around world heritage sites.
Important Information flying to Lukla and back to Kathmandu
At present,most flight to Lukla and back operates from Manthali,a small town with an airstrip located in the district of Ramechhap, Kathmandu domestic airport been changed by Nepal Government Civil Aviation Authority.
The changes started since April and October 2019 onward, flights to Lukla resumes from Manthali town airport which is the main headquarter of Ramechhap district Province No-3 of Nepal.
Drive from Kathmandu to reach at Manthali airstrip takes 5 hrs approx. which is about 154 km approx. 500 miles distance from the capital Kathmandu drive takes you on B.P Highway (a newly built tarmac road).
Main Highlight of the treks
- Enjoy perfect holiday and views of world highest mountains from scenic Tengboche
- Walk in the shade of enchanting alpine forest of rhododendron, pines, firs and juniper
- Stunning panorama of Everest and magnificent Amadabalam with range of high peaks
- Grand scenery on daily walks in the harmony of local Sherpa impressive culture and custom
- Tour of Tengboche Monastery enriched with beautiful religious artifacts and ancient relics
- No. of Days :
- 11 D
- No. of Nights :
- 10 N
- Min Age :
- 18 Yrs
- Max Age :
- 70 Yrs
- Min Weight :
- 20 Kg
- Max Weight :
- 100 Kg
- Min Pax Per Booking :
- 2 Pax
- Max Pax Per Booking :
- 16 Pax
- Available Group Capacity :
- 100 Pax
- Trip Standard :
- 3 Star
- Grade :
- Best Seasons :
- Through out the year
- Trip Start Elevation :
- 0 m
- Lowest Elevation :
- 0 m
- Highest Elevation :
- 0 m
- Trip Start Point :
- Trip End Point :
- check_circle_outline All tour and treks accompanied by guides-staff and porters (either human or pack animals like yaks or mules), all wages, meals, accommodation, transportation facilities with Insurance against medical and accidents.
- check_circle_outline In some high altitude treks we provide sleeping bags and down jackets also with comprehensive medical kits carried by our guides and staff.
- check_circle_outline Applicable Trekking Information Management Systems permits (TIMS) with National Park Entry permits also includes National Park Fees or Conservation entry permits.
- check_circle_outline Full board on trekking with breakfast-lunch-afternoon refreshment with dinner includes twin sharing rooms in lodge on route treks.
- check_circle_outline Domestic air flights Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu as per the itinerary chosen. For Jiri Classic Everest overland drive to reach at the start of treks private or in local bus, as per group size with flight out of Lukla to Kathmandu.
- check_circle_outline Tour and sightseeing around Kathmandu as per the itinerary chosen with city guides includes all entrance fees at places of interest.
- check_circle_outline Accommodation in tourist standard or 2-3 star class hotels on bed and breakfast basis as well in twin sharing basis rooms. (For single supplement at extra cost)
- check_circle_outline All arrival and departure from the airport to hotel and back on private cars, coach or buses as per the group size.
- highlight_off Early return from the tour or treks will not be entertainment with refund, where client should borne all the expenses incurred including accompany guide-porters services.
- highlight_off Emergency evacuation by any means of transportations including immediate Helicopter services if required on accidents, sickness and personal problems.
- highlight_off Single Supplement on hotel rooms as well on trek in lodge where clients should inform ahead on booking with extra charge on booking single private rooms where available.
- highlight_off Expenses of individual nature drinks, laundry, telephone bills, gratitude and meals in city areas Kathmandu and Pokhara as per the itinerary chosen.
- highlight_off Personal Trekking gear and equipment’s including down jackets-sleeping bags if not provided by the company as per the trip cost.
- highlight_off International air-fare, Personal medical / travel insurance and Nepal visa fees.